About The Queen’s Hotel
The Queens Hotel, (Part V, Heritage Building Status) was built in 1871 by John Stephenson when the railway came through the area. Proprietors have been Hemingway, Webber, and Sisley. During the Findley years (1924-1979) the south part was a pool hall, the centre was a barber shop and the north was a dining room, with candy and ice cream.
(Image courtesy of Markham Register of Property of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest)
Currently the Queen’s Hotel is undergoing renovations after the fire of March 2014 and is planned to re-open in the spring of 2016.
- Business Point